Monday, April 2, 2007

Day Thirty-eight

Mar. 12
Just the one b-day drawing class today. I did a quick intro on Pop art. I would have liked to have gone into more depth regarding Pop art, but we were kind of crunched for time. I also gave a brief introduction into visual journals. I introduced the concept using Leonardo's sketchbooks as examples.

The assignment took a modern twist on Pop art. It involved subvertising, or altering an advertisement to change the meaning, while retaining the same basic look and feel. It was a quick, one day assignment. I chose this type of assignment to enforce good work habits and on-task behavior.

MT suggestions: There were a few behavior management issues, talking in the back of the class, not paying attention, disruptions. I was having to concentrate on the things I was saying so much that I couldn't focus on them- I hope that with time I'll be able to handle both. Most of the time I'm not bad with beh. mngmt., just when I'm lecturing.

No comments: