Mar. 9
MT was out today. It was without notice, but they were able to bring in a sub, so I was able to be with the classes.
I was so busy I didn't take notes.
I was concerned that after the issues last class there would be trouble, but none arose, I think in part because it had just happened. There always seems to be a lull after the storm (or maybe just the eye of the hurricane?).
Two well-behaved, talented students have decided that the last forty minutes of class are break time. I don't want to get into a bargaining routine with them, but I agree that yes, they need and even deserve a break, but it will be for ten minutes. They don't really start to work again, but I do return frequently to them and remind them to work, give them praise for the work they did, ask questions about their drawings etc. I think part of it is a lack of motivation in the project. Also, these two students know they are talented and feel they are above the rules for the rest, and in reality they are ahead of the rest of the class, so it doesn't really matter right now if they aren't working all class, as long as they don't make a habit of it. I am able to joke with them, so it will not be a serious problem I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment