Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Directions

Okay, so I don't blog. Now that I am not trying to, maybe I will put this "blog" to better use!

I like lists, so I'll start with that:

Things that have happened recently:
-Last Monday, July 14th, I brought home my retired-racing greyhound Winchester Drive from Mid-South Greyhound Adoption Option! He has been a dream dog (well, other than trying to swallow a bird this morning...). He also got along with my parent's lab, Lucy, when I brought him for a visit this weekend.

-I visited a friend in Champaign and we went to Chicago for the weekend! Art note: We went to the National Museum of Mexican Art

-The family (minus one sister who was in Italy) went to the lake for a week and I caught my first "fish in a boat with a lure", a 14 inch white bass. Yum.

- I am really excited about my new cookbook: "Starting with Ingredients"by Aliza Green



Things I need to work on:
-making artwork- I have materials and ideas, so the hardest part is out of the way

-making powerpoint presentations for school- I don't know if I will have a projector for next year, but I might as well make a case for myself with some kicking ppts for art history lessons

-training for Winchester- there is a class that starts in September and I'll probably sign up for it, but I need to do a little now too (not that he needs much)

-attending art events in Memphis- I would like to start doing this, after all what good is it to be a member at the Brooks Museum if I don't go to their stuff, and hopefully, I'll meet artsy people

-I need to fill out the form for a CSA (community supported agriculture) from Whitton Flower and Produce and take it to the farmer's market in town tomorrow, the tomatoes and peaches I bought last week were great

-I've started a knit bear (I looked for a similarly patterned pic, but no luck) and I need to finish it

-update my school website and add some kind of incentive for students to visit it

-now the long term stuff: GRE, porfolio and slides for MFA app





No comments: