Thursday, July 31, 2008

Procrastination

Here are the things I am putting off:

Dishes: Of all my regular chores I hate washing dishes most. I don't have a dishwasher, but the main problem is that I think the sink is a little lower than is comfortable. It makes me lean over slightly to wash dishes. Of course, if I didn't let them pile up so much I wouldn't have to stand there very long...

Laundry: I don't mind doing it. I kinda like folding it. But still, I haven't done it yet. If it wasn't for my sisters' visit this weekend I probably would put it off longer.

General straightening up: When I was a kid my mom called this 'blitzing'. As in: "Girls, blitz the living room before dinner." While it translates from German into something more akin to lighting, or flash and may conjure up the WWII Blitz of Britain, to me, it will always equate quick cleaning.

Citizen's Duties: Jeremy sent me an email regarding a bill and I have yet to call my senators and representative.

Vacuum: I bought a new vacuum last week! A Bissell Powerforce Bagless. I used it today in the front half of the house (I had Winchester gated in the back half) so I need to go over my bedroom and the spare room. It works much better than the old freebie vac it replaced.

New Shoes: So this is not something that I am really putting off, just something I haven't had a chance to do yet. I need to get some new running shoes. I don't plan to become a runner, it hurts my knees, but Winchester likes to walk fast sometimes and I think jogging with him is fun. We are mostly on the grass, so it is not a huge priority though, so if I were putting it off it would be no big deal.

Cook: I like to cook. Really. But I haven't been interested in doing much of it lately. It is not like frozen food tastes better, or is healthier, or cheaper. It is just...I've been lazy (pretty much the whole gist of this post). But I have a new cookbook and a CSA share, so I'll get around to it ;)

Gear up for school: Don't even get me started about the short notice "professional development" (in-service)...talk about short notice, I found out Monday of this week that Monday of next week we have mandantory PD. If I hadn't randomly gone up to school (to organize my classroom, something I don't get paid for) I wouldn't have found out until today when the letter came.

Finsh cleaning/organizing my classroom

Write my AAE proposal and come up with a title

Wax my car (washed it yesterday)

At least Wincester got a lot done today: eat, sleep, walk, play with toys, play with me, get petted, jump over the gate keeping him in the back room so he could greet me at the door...






No comments: