I've started playing a game in my head. You should join me. ;)
It all started with a dream.
The dream was caused by a student's artwork and a conversation in the teacher's lounge.
The cyborg works at my school.
I'm fairly disgusted with reality TV like Big Brother, The Bachelor, Survivor, etc. Some teachers were discussing the latest season of The Bachelor (I know, not the philosophical inquiries into pedagogy I expect there either, lol) and somehow that got stuck into my head. That same week a student ran a cool idea by my for his next artwork- he was thinking about a self-portrait-as-cyborg (he ended up doing a half self-portrait, half skull but that is beside the point) and that got stuck in my head too.
Cue dream:
I dreamed that I was part of a reality TV show. A group of people were chosen to live together in a house with cameras- you know the set-up. The premise of the show was that one of us was different, but this wasn't immediately obvious. One of us was a cyborg.
The point of the show was a little like the game of Clue: find out who it is, but don't let on that you know until you are really ready to reveal it.
I've started playing this game in real life. Now, I know that there aren't cyborgs lurking among us (or are there?) but there are creepers- you know, those people who give you the heebie jeebies (speaking of, I LOVE this magnet- actually all of this seller's work) but you can't quite place the reason why...
...in my head I think "yeeeah, you would soooo be the cyborg"!
:) It is a fun game. Play. Report back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know some people like that. Although my creepy might not be the same as your creepy. The kid sounds fun though. Got to love cyborgs.
We are contemplating the adoption of a greyhound.... just not sure about the size.
Working in a downtown public library, about 83% of the people I see (and work with) are heebie-jeebie-borgs.
Post a Comment