First, a disclaimer. This blog is in no way associated with/endorsed by the university I attend, or the high school where I intern. It is a record of my personal opinions and should not be considered a legitimate record of any event.
Okay, I have no idea if that is semi-necessary, but the education dept. gets weired about things. I will not name any names or names will be changed to protect confidentiality.
Today we continued with the semester exams. I saw two Drawing I classes today. I was pleasantly surprised to see as much art history on the exams as there was. They have been studying the idea of social commentary in art. Kathe Kollwitz, Picasso, Barbara Kruger, Goya, Lieberman, and Norman Rockwell were included. There was also a drawing skills component to the test. These classes were a lot younger than I realized. Ninth grader really are quite little. I guess I hadn't realized this because I always think of my newly-fifteen little sister who looks older than fifteen. They can be really goofy, but in a kind of fun way. I could see how teaching that age would be a little like elementary.
The classes are nice and small, about 13-15 students. My mentor teacher said something about the schedule having other classes that cause conflicts. It is making it a little easier to learn names, but today was harder because there were two classes.
The University's cafeteria is packing me wonderful little lunches. I pick them up at breakfast. They come in a cute little box, no brown-bagging for me. Because I don't really eat their meat, I have three choices: tuna salad (yesterday's lunch, quite good), a salad (today's lunch, nice), and peanut-butter and jelly (tomorrow's lunch, hopeful). It makes me feel like a little kid, when my mom packed my lunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment