Mar. 5
There is a student who refuses to work during the class, but instead uses the excuse of unfinished work to get out of another art teacher's room, or she will work on it in the other room. The problem mainly arises from her having finished her work in the other class, in my opinion. I don't want to get into a power struggle with her, and she does get work done, so I this is a battle I will sit out.
A student who was very receptive to instruction, explained a well-thought out idea, completed his well-executed drawing today.
An example of a relationship with a student improving after collaboration with my fellow student teacher is in this class. I was able to provide the mentor teacher with information from my MT and she in turn gave me the tip that her MT gave for dealing with said student. (elaborate for official journal)
Due to the more restrictive nature of the second project, some of the best students are lacking motivation. I have explained it in a way that I hope would at least catch their interest, that this is an opportunity to have work displayed in a public area. In response to their dislike of the subject matter- commercial places and airports, I have explained that it makes them think in another way, that restrictions cause the artist to engage in creative problem solving.
The golden days of interim-fear have left A2. I was unable to make progress with the student that is the farthest behind. Part of the problem is a basic lack of skill due to a counseling error placing several students in drawing one without having had intro to art. Also, classroom management was more difficult today. I cannot find a common denominator for unruly behavior, perhaps it is simply because it is a Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment