Jan. 7
It had been a while since this class has met, so MT reviewed: surrealism- "what does it mean", "who was the artist we focused on" (Dali), "what was his art like; what strange symbols did he use?'.
There were behavior issues, I think because it had been so long so they weren't back in the swing of things. MT called them by name and said things like "don't interrupt", "be quiet", "shh", "I'm going to start sending y'all out", "I know you don't want me to get your momma on the phone", "y'all know how to behave, now do it", "now look, y'all need to straighten up". MT sat beside one when really bad and had a quiet chat. There was an accident with some paint on a jacket.
The objective for the day was to continue working and for everyone to have gessoed the final paper before the end of class, this was reiterated near the end of class.
This was the routine for all the Drawing I classes today.
Today was the "Brotherhood Assembly" for Black History Month. There was a gospel choir, jazz and tap dancing, and speeches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment