Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Day Ten

The drawing I classes are designing personal symbols for their surrealist-scapes. They are using a worksheet MT made. At the top they "List five things that could serve as symbolic representations of you or some aspect of your personality, i.e. Dali used grasshoppers to represent his fears. Explain how these symbols represent you." Below that are five boxes to draw a thumbnail sketch of the symbols.

They are using a second sheet to work out the composition. The technical skill they are learning/relearning/using for this assignment is one-point perspective. On this sheet they sketch out their drawing in a ~4-6" box.

Mentoring day is coming up. It's the day when students sign up for next years classes, and teachers are assigned to them as a 'mentor'. I designed a check-sheet for the seniors to get them to plan out their work for the senior show at the end of the year.

Today MT and I discussed the behavior change project, the professional development plan, and my unit to teach.

MT stressed to me the importance of positive positive reinforcement (yes, I know positive is in there twice).

No comments: