Mon. Feb. 19
MT was at a diversity training camp for students, so it was just me and a sub. I knew the sub, and we get along well, so that was great.
It was just another work day on the same project we've been on. I had trouble with one student who was sick of working on the assignment, even though she wasn't very far along. She was vocal about it and quite profane. For the most part, the class was quiet and it is pretty small anyway. Several began, or continued painting. There are a few students who seem to think they can't work unless MT is here. They just floundered around and gave excuses.
One student said she felt sick and so she laid her head down. I let her because at least she wasn't causing problems, and I had plenty of those to deal with. In the second class, I realized as I was taking roll, I don't know everyone's name very well. There are a few girls I have trouble telling apart. They seemed to think it was their day off since MT was out. A few did not work at all, despite my check-ups and prodding.
In the last class, a problem student came into class from another to work, but ended up being a distraction. I learned my lesson about letting that happen. They were a little unruly, but nothing major.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment